Thursday, August 16, 2012

This is a rant, this is only a rant...

So, yea. I was working on stuff today and found a new blog I like and then read this post. [I want to qualify that this post reflects positively on how I feel toward the blog but horrifies me in regard to other people. The blogger did not really understand this one either.]

I did not verify this quote for 2 reasons, 1) I did not put any more effort than just typing "war on autism" into Google and solely looking at the first return and 2) I really do not want to end up on the website of the group that wrote this quote.

“Our children are soldiers in way as they too have sacrificed their lives for the “greater good”. Our kids have been sidelined by this misguided, illusionary war on disease. We must never let our country forget that our children too have paid an enormous price for our country.
1 in 88 children now effected with autism and 1 in 54 boys in the US. The collateral damage done to American children during this generation will mean a shortage of soldiers, teachers, firefighters, policemen and women, doctors, nurses, engineers,and scientists. Just like the men who gave their lives for the greater good so have our children. OUR soldiers. OUR children. OUR future. Our Freedom. People need to start thinking in about how this crisis will impact our countries 10-15 years from now. The good of our nation is being threatened one child at a time. One day the effect will be felt.”

In case you may have gotten confused by the second paragraph [which states "Our kids have been sidelined by this misguided, illusionary war on disease."] and thought that this was stating that the war on the 'disease' is harming the ASD children [like I did at first] allow me to dissect paragraph two. [Also, if there is a saying regarding the difference between desert and dessert is that dessert has two S's because we would like to have second dessert, why did they not take the second S out of dissect?]

[but I digress - also two S's because I will have to do it again?] Paragraph Two:
'Many children, mostly boys, in the US have autism. This has caused "collateral damage" to American children and means that this generation will have a shortage of people [without autism and able to do worthy work?] to do essential jobs that only NT's can accomplish' ... Like being engineers and scientists?

I swear, does whoever wrote that have any understanding wtft autism [including the broader spectrum] causes as 'side effects' ??? Like, maybe, interests in math and science, ability to see pictures in our heads and evaluate structures, focus and perfectionism, logical problem-solving, and quick mental processing????

But, ya know, there will be a severe lack of social services, medical services, and advances in science and engineering because all these freaking kids went and got themselves all diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder.

Sorry to inconvenience the rest of you.  I was too busy 'giving my life away before the onslaught of autism - that I was too weak to fight - and now the rest of the country will parish.'

 To whoever wrote that fucking shit, FUCK YOU AND LEAVE THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON BY THE DOOR SO I CAN GIVE IT A BETTER FUCKING HOME.

YOU SUCK AS A PERSON!

I feel better now.

1 comment:

  1. Good post. For what its worth Aspergers didn't stop me from being a soldier. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Constructive criticism, questions, objections, and thoughts welcome.
You do not have to agree with me and I welcome debate/discussion however;
Trolls, hate, and spam need not apply.
~Drea