Monday, January 4, 2016

Diet is just the word DIE with a "T" at the end

I will be changing the way that I eat.  Which also means that I will be changing the way that I cook... By actually cooking.  It will be an interesting experiment which I hope JD and I will survive.  However, I am not starting by jumping into cooking, I am starting much smaller than that and I welcome my readers to join me on this quest [and to include any questions/suggestions/thoughts in the comments on these diet posts] to slowly conquer eating healthier.

So this week will be week 1 of the new diet plan.  Joy.  The mid-term goal is to cut out artificial sweetener as it is a migraine trigger for me.  I will also be ensuring that I do not purchase peanut butter with xylitol as that is toxic to dogs.  This week's short term goal will also be no more than 20oz of soda [real sugar cherry Pepsi] per day and only 1 candy/sugary snack item per day [ie chocolate, hard candy, sucker, anything that isn't considered a food item - honey is a freebee].  I realize that this does not sound like a lofty goal but I find that results are easier to accomplish when the steps are smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive criticism, questions, objections, and thoughts welcome.
You do not have to agree with me and I welcome debate/discussion however;
Trolls, hate, and spam need not apply.
~Drea